Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Unusually productive

Wordle 627 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I drove the kid to school a little early for a field trip. T. stayed for a parents' organization at the school, and then walked to her work. I attended that parent's organization meeting virtually and had the house to myself.

Work was confusing in the morning. We normally have our weekly team meeting Tuesday mornings, but it wasn't on my calendar when I first logged on. I asked and one team member had had a conflict but it was cancelled, so I suggested having our meeting after all. I got no overt pushback, but no enthusiastic response either, and someone had to leave early, so maybe I should have left it cancelled? Despite that, it was fine. I got that urgent thing done on schedule and followed up on a few other things. Another meeting in the afternoon which I listened in on more intently than usual to help with the meeting minutes, but I wasn't the person mainly responsible for them. Call it half a task. There were technical difficulties. 

I'm worried this may eventually result in being asked to go to the office. Two years ago I would have been thrilled. Six months ago I would have been dismayed, partly because of the specific day of the week; it's Tuesday, which is a good day for Warcraft. But in light of the previous post, maybe I shouldn't let that get to me too much.

I played relatively little yesterday anyway. I was productive at work, cleaned the house a little, finished folding the laundry, and went for a walk to run some errands: the pharmacy for some pain medication for T., for that pinched nerve, and the grocery store. 

I drove to supervise the swimming lesson. I was a little worried because I got there before the girls and the other parent, but it turned out that they were just running a bit late. 

Dinner was pizza - not the usual plan for Tuesday, but it was a fundraiser for a group at the kid's school.

No comments: