Thursday, March 23, 2023

Happy? Yes. Productive? Arguably

Wordle 642 4/6

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dropped the kid off yesterday uneventfully.

Work was OK. One meeting in the morning that went very well. It was one of those team documentation update meetings, and this team was more prepared than most. One meeting in the afternoon that went well but I couldn't participate, so my teammates had to handle it. In between, I could have been more productive, i.e. at all. Either with work - several minor tasks hanging over my head, or at home, with sorting that comic book collection. Maybe I was still recovering from the day before, or felt I could relax because I could make up for it today, because I planned to bike to work today, in hopes that some network problems I've been having could be resolved (or at least helped) by being physically in the office. 

All that being said, honestly I was mostly sucked into the new Warcraft content. Minimally relevant to that long-term goal I'm stuck on but new stuff is always fun. Productivity is a never-ending battle.

In the afternoon I went to physical therapy. (I couldn't participate in the afternoon meeting because I was on the bus during it.) It went well. I regretted jogging the day before, though - I wasn't/am not terribly sore, but enough to be problematic.

After that I was invited to a going-away happy hour for T. at a bar near her office I looked at the map and walking there would be only like 10 minutes longer than public transportation, so I walked. Good for me. It was fun. There were a couple people there I had met briefly before, and it was also interesting meeting several people in person - T. has lots of meetings with video chat, but seeing people on a screen at an angle is different than in person. I had fun just chatting and having a drink or two for over an hour, but eventually someone had to go get the kid, and we couldn't drag T. away from her own party. I walked to the kid's school. I anticipated resistance to asking her to go to the bar but didn't get it, which is nice. She charmed one or two of T.'s soon-to-be-former co-workers. We didn't plan to have dinner there, but the kid was hungry and T. had just got another drink when we got there, so we did.

Bedtime was a little hard. Even so, better than usual for a week or more ago. Maybe the new deal really is going to improve things? Maybe she was tired after the socializing and walking. 

Speaking of walking, I put in almost 12,000 steps yesterday. Lots of exercise this week.

No comments: