Thursday, March 30, 2023

Bad decisions

Wordle 649 4/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning was uneventful. I had a bike lesson for the kid planned and her bike was supposed to not have tires on it. So in the morning I tried to get the pedals off her purple bike, the smaller one. They were rusted on so I eventually gave up and decided to bring the bigger yellow bike and hoped it wouldn't be too big.

Work was OK, productive enough, but annoying. J. was obsessed over one problem or error after another. Some of them I agreed with him on, some I guess he's technically right but I couldn't imagine it mattering, and some I wasn't even sure he was right about but it wasn't worth arguing. Our manager is on vacation so I created a file to track this stuff until she gets back. Yay, leadership. I had one meeting at 1 and it went well and I got to my one follow-up quickly.

Soon after that it was time for the bike lesson. Traffic was actually worse at 2:30 in the afternoon than during the morning rush hour, I suppose due to construction. Also, I followed Google Maps to get there but I got confused anyway. We wound up being 20 minutes late. When we got there, we found that the bike I brought? Was still too big. Fuck. So that was a waste of time.

In the afternoon I ran a few errands with the kid, which was annoying of course. She wanted ice cream but didn't want to walk one block for it. In the end I drove to Eastern Market, we ran some errands, and she got ice cream in between.

Dinner was chicken and glazed carrots. I did my physical therapy before, during, and after. I did a little more comic book sorting after dinner but the effort has definitely slowed after the initial burst of two boxes inventoried in two days.

In the evening I joined a raid in WoW. Spent almost two hours on the final boss of the current tier and failed to get her. I'm really, really, really close to giving up. Aside from being defeated, this isn't fun.

No comments: