Saturday, July 29, 2023

Adequate on all fronts

Wordle 770 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday we had a cleaner come, so I had a distraction for most of the day, which was a bit annoying, but it's nice that the house is now clean.

Work was OK yesterday. One meeting, which went unusually well and I didn't have to do much in. Around midday when I moved my computer upstairs so the cleaner could clean downstairs, I had that card driver problem, which was a pain, but fixing it is getting easier with practice. I got the last of those way-too-old tasks back to the subject matter expert - woo hoo. Good for me, or good for J. for sort-of-gently reminding me. I also got the mere weeks old stuff set up. Writing this out makes me worry about forgetting the one thing that came in just last week...

The cleaner left around 2:30. An hour later I still hadn't done anything like exercise but it was boiling hot out, so I just changed clothes and did some calisthenics in the living room. Just cycled through pushups, situps, lunges, squats, and a plank or two for about 20 minutes. 

After that I texted T. and suggested we meet for ice cream on her way home from work, and it turned out that she was ready to go soon. Cool. We had a lot of ice cream.

Dinner was tuna steaks and squash. More stuff the kid wouldn't like.

In the evening, playing Warcraft, I tried a +18 Underrot (not my first at that level but it would have been my highest in that dungeon) and it fell apart on the last boss. Ugh. I tried the +17 and my mouse died just before the second boss. Fuuuuuck. And yet I persevered and finished the dungeon by keyboard and mouse pad with minutes to spare. Cool. Score improved, and I was really playing on hard mode.

No comments: