Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Experimental exercise and procrastination

Wordle 767 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Started yesterday with some experimental exercise. I shortened the jogging route, but I stopped at the rec center on the way partway through for some calisthenics. It went OK. Can't have too high expectations for the first time doing this sort of thing. A total of 20 situps, 20 backwards arm raises (not sure of the technical term), and some decent stretching. 

In the midmorning the kid started a video call with me and T.'s mother. This was a first, and it was in an unexpected way. She's getting technically savvy. (Although she still has some things to learn. She included my parents on it even though they were in the same house as her.) It was my first contact with her since she left, which was under unusual circumstances, so that was nice. 

Work wasn't too busy. I started the day with four meetings scheduled, but one was moved at the request of my team lead because she had a conflict. Two meetings conflicted with an All Hands, so they were moved as well, and the All Hands required no work and only a little attention. 

Despite the lack of meetings I wasn't very productive. I'm tempted to blame distractions (the kid's call overlapped with the All Hands, and various WhatsApp chats were blowing up throughout the day) or lack of sleep as mentioned yesterday, but regardless of the proximate cause, it's getting bad. I got through the bare minimum tasks done, and they were at the last minute. 

My one errand for the day was bringing a picture to a framing shop (also, as it turned out, at the last minute before T. came home). After that I stopped by Trader Joe's for some minor shopping. 

Dinner was chicken in the vermouth sauce - the fancy recipe, a very minor example of taking-advantage-of-no-kid - and green beans. We watched TV but still got to bed early. Sleep wasn't uninterrupted, there was snoring, but it was long.

No comments: