Friday, July 28, 2023

Sometimes I'm not the problem

Wordle 769 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Went jogging first thing yesterday morning, the 3-mile route. Good for me. 

Work was fine yesterday. Definitely better than the rest of the week. One meeting in the morning and I got the notes done earlyish. In the afternoon I restarted work on the 3 to-do list items that have been open for months if not years. They're all waiting on other people for something; in two cases, I reminded them, and in the third, I started putting it in our templates (yes, they're that old!), in hopes that whatever that other person is being asked for (I don't even remember and I'm sure they don't) can be made much simpler. A new task came in, and in the process of discussing it, my teammate J. started to get annoying, but before I said anything, acknowledged that there were no simple answers and thanked me for my patience. It's such a relief when that happens.

I left around 4:15 to meet T. for a date. We met at the metro stop near her office. A few weeks ago she won a dinner-and-show deal for a theater promotion. It was unusually personalized; the theater manager(?) met us at the restaurant to sort out the reservations. Dinner was good, a place called Nooshi's. I might have never been there before. The show was interesting. The theater was set up in a bar, with audience sitting at tables, and there were three or four sets around the room, so every seat was a front-row seat but for any given scene there was a chance we were facing the wrong direction.

We got home after 11 PM. That was late for us on a work night.

No comments: