Thursday, July 13, 2023

Getting off to a running start

Wordle 754 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning I went jogging first thing, and felt so good about the weather and my fatigue level halfway through that I went the "full" route from a year ago, the loop from recent weeks plus some zigzags, 3.05 miles. Cool. If I can sustain that regularly, maybe alternate with calisthenics or even add a little calisthenics at the rec center near the end, I'll feel good about my fitness for months if not years to come. Of course, that's a big "if"; some days the weather is worse, when the kid is around I'm busier, and so on. But I feel like I have a reason for optimism.

Work started out better than the day before. I got to my to-do list early and stuck to it with fewer disruptions. J. had yet more process-related questions but was polite about it, and showed awareness that he can get on peoples' nerves. "Thin-ice walking" was how he put it. He's not an asshole, he's just very detail-oriented and his personality rubs me the wrong way, but he tries to get along and that's worth something. 

I spent most of my day organizing that document update effort. The two next meetings happen to be my responsibility, and particularly big and messy. It kind of ground to a halt when I asked J. about something I thought would be simple and turned out to not be, but most of the effort wasn't wasted either way. The day ended on a sour note, when a SharePoint access question came in that I might have screwed up, but even so overall it was better than the day before.

Dinner was salmon and Brussel's sprouts. After it and before TV we had a phone call with the kid. Beyond general chatting and showing off her projects we planned getting her an electric guitar. She is committed to music now.

Didn't sleep well last night, though. Foot cramps. Not sure if it's related to the jogging or pure bad luck.

No comments: