Friday, July 21, 2023

Work and saying goodbye to the MIL

Wordle 762 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Went jogging yesterday morning. Wasn't sure about going at all but it was overdue; the first exercise since Monday and even that was just walking, not aerobic. Wasn't sure about doing the full route, but when I got to the last dividing point my lungs and feet felt fine, so I kept going. Maybe I shouldn't have, I felt some pain in my right knee - I'd say something like "another exercise session, another pain in a new place", but this isn't a new problem so much as a very old problem returning - but this pain wasn't exactly like that so I continued jogging, just gingerly.

I showered, prepped coffee for the household, and had a very quick breakfast before a 9 AM meeting. Work went as well as could be expected given my schedule and the people in the house and I'm not saying that ironically. Three meetings, all of which required my attention but none of which required me to talk extensively. I put headphones on, muted and unmuted myself as needed, took notes on the first one, and had enough downtime between the meetings to get to all follow-ups from them by noon.

Shortly after that, we drove the MIL to the airport. Traffic was bad, of course. The problem wasn't congestion so much as construction and various emergencies we drove by. 

In the afternoon I put in a couple more hours work. The ladies waited more or less patiently for the social event of the day: around 4:30, the kid's friends came over. The plan had been to go play in the fountains at the park, but they had so much fun playing dressup or whatever in her room that we never left. Their parents had drinks with us and we all had pizza for dinner. In the evening the moms had a meeting by video chat with some other parents of kids at the school, sort of a parent's association meeting.

The kid was still awake and reading when I went to bed, a little after 10, later than I wanted to. I'm glad getting her on EST will be my parent's problem...

No comments: