Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The Return of the Kid

Wordle 760 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday was OK at work. Could have been better, but was better than the day before. Two meetings, both busy and productive. Didn't get too much done otherwise but there were a few things.

In the afternoon, did a little more of the comic book stuff. At this point I think I'm as ready as I get to sell two boxes. Selling more will require dividing one long box into two short boxes and/or some tough choices. 

The flight with the kid and her grandmother arrived a little after 4 PM. We braved rush hour and drove out to get them. Rather than driving straight back we had dinner at a restaurant we like in Alexandria. 

At home, we gave the kid late birthday presents: two books and an electric guitar. Just what she needs. Then I took her to the park for an evening monkey bars section while T. and her mother visited.

Then, resuming parenting duties. We got the kid cleaned up and I put her to bed. 

I finished reading Hench, the novel I bought at Barnes & Noble. It was good. It was sort of a deconstruction of the superhero thing. It's funny how I read more of that than the straight superhero story these days, or in recent years.

No comments: