Sunday, July 23, 2023

Goodbye to the kid, again

Wordle 764 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Went jogging first thing yesterday morning. Good for me. I'm afraid I woke the girls up, but they didn't wake T. up, and the kid could benefit from being on local time, so I don't feel too bad about it. Breakfast was pancakes and bacon. 

The kids were bored in the morning, or bored with each other or something, because they involved us in their games. We tolerated it. 

The kid's friend left around 11, as scheduled, and we finished packing and left ourselves shortly after. Getting to the airport and through security was uneventful except for extra paperwork related to the unaccompanied minor. We had lunch as soon as we were through security. I wish we hadn't, because apparently we were supposed to be at the gate earlier due to the kid. Whoops! It annoyed people but there was no actual harm done.

Afterwards I had thought we'd go home but T. wanted to go to Ikea. We got one thing I knew we needed and a bunch of organizational things that I guess can't hurt. Meanwhile we made plans to see a friend who's in town temporarily, and that wound up being at Tyson's Corner, and of course when in a mall it's hard to avoid walking around it to meet up and while chatting. To summarize, my feet hurt by the time we got home.

No comments: