Monday, July 24, 2023

There's no end to cleaning

Wordle 765 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday breakfast was simple: fried eggs and toast. 

We had thought about going to see Barbie, but the only good showtime was sold out, so we bought tickets for tomorrow instead. The only thing on the agenda for yesterday was laundry, so we anticipated relaxing. 

We kept busy anyway, though. T. organized the bathroom a bit, and while she did, she found a leak in the faucet. Working on this involved moving a lot of things around to air it out, a little plumber's tape, some stress positions, and some really foul smells. I think it's reasonable to hope this repair job will last until the renovation. That's not saying much. I also hung two pictures. One is in the nook under the kid's bed. This involved more stress positions. If the kid doesn't appreciate the work we put into her room now, I hope she does someday.

Dinner was broccoli and ravioli. Easy and lucky. I had forgot we had it; I thought our only option was dumplings. After that we walked to Van Leeuwen's for ice cream. 

Exercise

I figure walking to get the ice cream cancels out the health impact of having it, not that I'm worried too much about fitness anyway. Intense exercise every other day plus moderate activity daily is, I'm hoping, adequate. In addition to the general work around the house I also did spontaneous pushups several times throughout the day yesterday. The day before, I went jogging, and today I'll have physical therapy. This is adequate for now. Expectations should probably go up when/if I finally get over the plantar fasciitis, but maybe go back down again once the school year starts.

No comments: