Thursday, July 06, 2023

Down to business

Wordle 747 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I considered a title like this for the post about Monday, but when it came time to put fingers to keyboard my mood seemed more relevant, but it certainly fits for yesterday...

Worked hard yesterday. Finished one document (completely done, approved and in the library) in the morning, which is always nice. In the afternoon I finished my draft of another document. A lot more work than the thing in the morning, and "finished my draft" is very different from "finished". The deadline on this is the 12th. I got it to them very early because I had a ton of questions because it's a huge mess. 

In between we had a team meeting. Productive. Always a lot going on. I also worked on redesigning our system for documentation updates. Sounds boring but the current system has got messier and messier over the past few months and hopefully this should help.

Using my work computer and having T. around isn't a panacea for procrastination, though, because there's always Unfogged and several similar sites.

T. had a doctor's appointment around the middle of the day, so she just worked from home instead of dealing with going in for just a few hours in the morning and afternoon. While she was gone I tried a few pushups, just enough to verify that I still hadn't recovered.

After logging off work I went for a walk around the neighborhood to get a modicum of exercise. Still didn't hit my phone's recommendation of 6,000 steps for the day.

Dinner was scallops and asparagus. Easy and fancy, but the kid doesn't like them so it's another thing we can enjoy more while she's gone, but I think I'm kind of out of practice because they could have been better.

No comments: