Monday, July 10, 2023

Swimming without the kid

Wordle 751 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday we had the usual brunch and leisurely morning. A little after 11 we met up with a friend at the pool. She had her kids with her and they were disappointed ours wasn't with us. 

We hung out there for over 2 hours. I swum a lap. I'm not surprised. Swimming has never been the sort of exercise I'm good at. I tried now and then way back in ancient history before covid when the kid had swimming lessons at the YMCA. We also read a bit on the swim breaks and chatted with our friend and some friends of theirs; I'm not sure if them seeing other friends at the pool was planned or a complete coincidence.

After that, home for showers. Then we went to an open house on our block. Unfortunately there was nothing interesting to see. Then to Union Market for ice cream. We got caught in the rain on the way. My ice cream order was a lot bigger than I planned. 

Dinner was tuna steaks and a cucumber salad. I should make tuna like that for the kid at some point. She might like it. 

No comments: